Zawadi Africa Education Fund Scholarship Program For Africans 2023 – The goal of this program, which is open to African women, is to create a pipeline of future leaders for the continent. The Zawadi Africa Education Fund offers scholarships to academically talented African girls from low-income families so they can pursue higher education in the United States, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, and Kenya.
Zawadi Africa Education Fund
Scholarship Program Benefits
- Zawadi Africa takes the students enrolled in the program through a rigorous nine-month period where the student will be coached and prepared to apply to partner schools offering scholarships.
Zawadi Africa Education Fund Scholarship Program Requirements
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met;
- A girl who has completed her secondary school examination e.g.The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.)
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence.
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background.
- Has demonstrated clear financial need.
Documents Required for Application
- Attach a one page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have
undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one). 7. Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledge.
How To Apply
On or before the due date (April 7, 2023) use one of the following channels to submit a hard copy or scanned copy of this application form along with the necessary supporting documentation:
- Mail: To the program Manager, Zawadi Africa Education Fund, P.O Box 59949-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: Zawadi Africa Admissions email@example.com
- Drop it at the Zawadi offices located in: GemSuites State House,Room T2| StateHouse Crescent|Nairobi
Originally posted 2023-03-27 10:12:34.