YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program (Cohort 44) 2023 – The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders who will shape the future of the African business and entrepreneurship, civil society leadership,and public sector management.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management: This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management: This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as
the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
Benefits of YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded with certificate and become a member of the Yali Alumni
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership role in their various endeavors.
Requirements for YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Qualification
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
How to Apply
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all of the
information included in the application.
For more details, visit YALI website on http://yaliwestafrica.net/rlc/