UNDP/Samsung 2023 Generation17 Program For Young Changemakers
UNDP/Samsung 2023 Generation17 Program For Young Changemakers – Generation17, a collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), intends to use technology to raise the voices of young leaders striving to accomplish the Global Goals. The Global Goals, or Sustainable Development Goals, established by the United Nations in 2015, present a framework for addressing critical global concerns such as poverty, inequality, climate change, peace and justice, and building a better future for all by 2030.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals, often known as the Global Goals, are a global call to action to protect vulnerable populations and the planet by 2030. Young people’s determination and vision are required for this effort.
It requires their innovative spirit and capacity to break down barriers. Their sense of urgency is required. Generation17 is a group of remarkable young leaders between the ages of 18 and 32 who are committed to innovating for humanity and activating worldwide communities.
Roles and Responsibility
- The young leaders will collaborate with each other for peer networking and with UNDP issue experts, as well as use Samsung technology to share their personal stories with a wider audience, motivating their peers to join them in driving change for the Global Goals in their daily lives.
- The young leaders are not spokes persons for either organization and are a group of change makers who will leverage the collective resources of the Samsung-UNDP global partnership to focus on their challenges, aspirations, and work.
- Generation17 is not driven by product promotion, but rather, has the mission to bolster young SDG advocates and their agenda of driving meaningful change.
- Generation17 Young Leaders are a diverse group of individuals who have already delivered impactful solutions for the Global Goals yet may not have had the means to amplify their voices to a wider audience.
- These young leaders were identified by UNDP and selected in partnership with Samsung based on their outstanding existing initiatives and impressive advocacy work.
- Additional candidates are expected to be nominated to grow the initiative and include young people from across the world.
UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Program Benefits
- Once you’re selected, you’ll have the opportunity to network and engage with a group of inspiring young leaders who are advocating for meaningful change. UNDP and Samsung Mobile will open access to their technology, knowledge and global platforms and connections to enable your success and scale the impact and visibility of your organization(s).