IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program 2023 – The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project aims to equip jobless Nigerian youth and prospective agripreneurs with the skills they need to become self-employed or acquire employment in agriculture. The project’s varied activities aim to enhance the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub seeks to establish an inclusive approach that offers chances to persons with limited education.
The IFAD’s Agrihub initiative, in collaboration with BIC Farms Concepts, is delivering a strong curriculum on
Soilless vegetable gardening for youth (male and female) to increase youth interest in agriculture. The program
combines classroom instruction, on-the-job training, and internships. The selected recipients get knowledge about
starting businesses or working in the agricultural industry as a result of the training.
Benefits of IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program
- The program is aimed to encourage youth interest in agriculture, the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is providing a solid curriculum on Soilless vegetable farming for youth (male and female).
- The programme includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field, and internships.
- Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up
employment in the agricultural industry.
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program Qualification Requirements
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Siun/Ogere and Abeokuta, Ogun state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training.
- Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an internship in relevant machine fabrication companies.