Google 2023 PhD Fellowship Program For African Students – Graduate students who are awarded Google PhD Fellowships receive direct assistance as they work on their PhDs and are linked to a Google Research Mentor.
Developing and maintaining solid partnerships with the academic community is a primary objective at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was developed to honor excellent graduate students pursuing extraordinary and creative research in areas pertinent to computer science and related sciences.
Promising PhD students from all backgrounds who want to shape the future of technology are supported through fellowships. The goal of Google is to promote inclusive research communities and welcome applications from individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
We presently provide Fellowships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and the United States.
Google PhD Fellowship Program Benefits
- Successful students receive named Fellowships, which include a $10,000 award per year over 3 years.
- Student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor who we hope will become a valuable resource to the student.
Google PhD Fellowship Program Courses
- Computer Science
Google PhD Fellowship Program Qualification Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program at any accredited university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time Ph.D. program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early-stage Ph.D. students, i.e., should not have been into more than 1 year of their Ph.D. Applicants for the 2023 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2023.
- Students must remain enrolled in the Ph.D. program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas.
Note: Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
Documents Required for Application
- Applicant’s resume with links to
publications (if available).
- One-page resume of the student’s PhD program advisor.
- Available transcripts (mark sheets)
starting from first year/semester of
Bachelor’s degree to date.
- Research proposal (maximum two
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one coming from the thesis adviser in case of current PhD students).
If the recommendation writers want to send the letter separately, they can mail it directly to [email protected] with the subject “Recommendation for [applicant-name]”.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Google on cseduapplication.withgoogle.com to apply For more details,visit Google website.
Leave a Reply