Current Cost Of POP Ceilings In Nigeria
Current Cost Of POP Ceilings In Nigeria – POP ceilings fall into the category of false, dropped, or suspended ceilings and, as the name implies, are made of Plaster of Paris. Because they are hung from the main ceiling via suspension cords or struts, they are some times known as supplementary ceilings.
POP ceilings are becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria because of their aesthetic appeal and the ambience they generate in the place where they are put. Flat and basic ceilings are falling out of favor, mainly to the fact that people are looking for ways to make the typical flat ceiling look beautiful while spending sensibly.
Because of the recent increase in false ceilings, particularly POP ceilings, it has become easier for people to improve the aesthetics of any room, whether it is an office, commercial complex, residential structure, or any other space that requires POP installation.
POP fake ceilings are appealing because they conceal electrical wires, resulting in a cleaner ceiling. That being said, we will be looking at the current prices of POP ceilings in Nigeria shortly, and you should be aware that the prices of POP ceilings in Nigeria are influenced by a number of factors, including location, vendor, season, transportation costs, and the
cost of raw materials used in their manufacture.
Current Pop Ceiling Prices In Nigeria
The current average cost of POP ceilings in Nigeria is between ₦5,000 and ₦8,000 per square metre. According to this, installing a POP ceiling in a single room may cost you as least ₦70,000. Please bear in mind that giving a firm price on POP ceilings is difficult due to the fact that there are several POP vendors or contractors throughout the country, each with its own set of rates.
What is Plaster Of Paris (POP)?
Plaster of Paris (POP) is a type of building material that is mostly composed of the hard mineral gypsum. It is utilized in the creation of architectural designs as well as in the coating of walls and ceilings. Plaster of Paris is sold in the form of a dry powder that must be mixed with water to form a paste. Some of its advantages and disadvantages are described below.
Benefits Of Paris Plaster (POP)
1. It is lightweight and long-lasting.
2. It is thermally inefficient.
3. Plaster of Paris (POP) is fire resistant.
4. POP does not shrink when setting because it is a heat insulating substance. As a result, it does not break when heated or set, and it forms a thick surface that can withstand normal knocks after drying.
5. It quickly combines with water and is simple to spread and level.
6. POP adheres well to fibrous fabrics.
7. It provides a hard surface for the colors to settle on.
Disadvantages Of Paris Plaster (POP)
1. It is not suitable for use in wet settings.
2. Plaster of Paris and cement cannot be blended.
3. Because gypsum plaster is slightly
soluble in water, it is not appropriate
for exterior finishes.
4. Plaster of Paris is far more expensive than Gypsum.
5. It costs more than cement or cement
6. The substance utilized is chlorine,
which is extremely hazardous in its natural state.
7. They are not particularly substantial, so if something heavy is hung from the ceiling, it might harm both the ceiling and the object. They can only be fixed by experts, making correct application highly expensive, and hence the labor cost for installing plaster of Paris is considerable.
8. If they are not well maintained, i.e. if regular cleaning is not there, POP false ceiling can be home for many spiders and other insects.
9. It has no discernible chemical impact on paint and is not susceptible to alkali damage.
10. Plaster of Paris adds a decorative touch to any room. Its high gypsum content gives it a lot of luster and smoothness.
11. It can easily be moulded into any shape
12. Once it is fixed, it is fixed. It becomes very difficult to remove POP.