Bayero University Kano (BUK), situated in the vibrant city of Kano, stands as one of Nigeria’s most esteemed institutions. Renowned for its diverse academic offerings, BUK provides a platform for students to pursue a wide array of courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As we embark on the 2023/2024 academic session, it’s essential to familiarize ourselves with the school fees structure for both freshers and returning students.
School Fees for Freshers:
For the incoming class of 2023/2024, BUK has outlined the following school fees for freshers based on the respective academic disciplines:
- Arts and Social Sciences: N120,000
- Sciences: N130,000
- Engineering: N140,000
- Medicine and Surgery: N150,000
School Fees for Returning Students:
Returning students at BUK will be subject to the following fees for the 2023/2024 academic session, categorized by their fields of study:
- Arts and Social Sciences: N100,000
- Sciences: N110,000
- Engineering: N120,000
- Medicine and Surgery: N130,000
In addition to the tuition fees, BUK students are required to fulfill other financial obligations, including:
- Examination fee: N5,000
- Library fee: N2,000
- Sports fee: N1,000
- ID card fee: N1,000
- Hostel accommodation fee: Varies depending on the hostel
Students have the convenience of paying their fees through two primary methods:
- Online Payment: Students can make their payments through the BUK website by creating an account and following the provided instructions.
- Cashier’s Office: For those opting to pay at the cashier’s office, students must present their admission letter along with a cashier’s order form.
As we anticipate the commencement of the 2023/2024 academic session, understanding the school fees structure at BUK is paramount for both freshers and returning students. By familiarizing ourselves with these details, we can ensure a smooth transition into the academic year, allowing students to focus on their studies and overall university experience.