BIC Africa Acceleration Programme For African Entrepreneurs 2023
BIC Africa Acceleration Programme For African Entrepreneurs 2023 – The BIC Africa Acceleration Programme for Woman Entrepreneurs, now in its third iteration, will assist 15 female business owners from Angola, Comoros, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Somalia, and 5 other African nations who want to expand their enterprises while helping to realize the UN Sustainable Development Goals. (SDGs).
Through a combination of online training modules, coaching sessions, individual exercises, and a mentoring program with women experts from Europe and Africa with relevant experience in supporting innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups, the program, which will run from May to September 2023, will focus on supporting women business owners across all sectors and business types.
BIC Africa Acceleration Programme Benefits
- Explore growth and scaling trajectories for their businesses and solutions.
- Assess the team competencies and consider how their business model will adapt to the growth phase.
- Articulate the social value proposition, identifying why and how the proposed solution contributes to SDGs.
- Access to appropriate sector, local, and international experts.
- Join a vibrant community of women entrepreneurs, where to learn, exchange and connect.
- Connect with BIC Africa and EBN networks to unleash the impact of
- 6 live training modules (each lasting 1,5 hours)
- 4 group coaching sessions (each lasting 1,5 hours)
- Networking sessions (that will be organised back-to-back to the training and/or coaching sessions)
- Exercises and access to support documents
- Ad-Hoc Helpdesk through international mentoring support
- Certificate of Recognition
BIC Africa Acceleration Programme Requirements
- Be a woman (minimum age of 18-years-old) founder or owner of an already existing business with strong development potential, or an entrepreneur working on a project idea aimed to create a business with high growth potential.
- Aligned with at least one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs); strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth.
- Be available between May and September 2023 to participate in the Programme with a maximum of 2 hours per week for online sessions + time to work individually and reflect upon the learnings.
- Already running a start-up /project and seeking to scale up.
- Demonstrate a commitment to participating in all the activities of the Acceleration Programme and assisting in future developments of the programme.
- Have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Have a good working knowledge of English language.