Google Solution Challenge For Students Across The World – Google invites college students from all over the globe to compete in the Google Developer Student Clubs competition.The goal of the 2023 Solution Challenge is to use Google technology to find a solution for one or more of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Utilizing Google technologies, create a local solution to an issue that satisfies one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set forth by the UN. Members of Google Developer Student Clubs are eligible to enter the Solution Challenge. Visit the community website for the Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC) to join one.
IMPACT [60 points]
- Does the entry establish a clear challenge focused on one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals? Is it explained in anclear manner with specific Sustainable Development Goal targets they are looking to solve for? 
- How effectively does the solution address the challenge identified by the team? 
- Is there evidence of a next step? Does the team display a plan for future extension if they were to continue? 
- Is there evidence that the solution has been thoroughly tested with real users? 
- Is there evidence that the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback? 
TECHNOLOGY [40 points]
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? 
- Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used, why, and included guidance on how to run their code? 
- Does the video demonstration show the working solution and how a user will interact with the solution? Does the demonstration highlight how Google’s technologies are implemented and also mention the value the technology provides the users? 
- Has the team made effective product and technical decisions for their solution? 
Please note: Each solution is evaluated on a scale of 1 to 100.
Google Solution Challenge Benefits
- Top 50 teams: Receive mentorship from Google and other experts to improve and submit a solution for the top prize.
- Top 10 finalists: Win a 1 year subscription to Pluralsight, swag,
additional customized mentoring from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day live on YouTube.
- Top 3 winners: Win all the prizes included in the Top 10 category along with a Chromebook and a coffee chat with a Google executive.
How to Apply
Go to Google on forms.gle to apply
- Create a Demo Video (no longer than 2 minutes).
- Submit your solution through the form below between March 17 and March 31, 2023.*
- Review the Submission Guidelines for more information.
*You can still submit a project even if you did not fill out the registration form.
Originally posted 2023-03-31 23:12:56.