Mastercard Foundation 2023 Scholarship Program For African Students – The Mastercard Foundation and the University of Cape Town (UCT) have teamed to create the worldwide Scholars Program called Mastercard Foundation 2023 Scholarship Program, an educational project that gives academically gifted youth from underserved communities in Africa access to high-quality university education.
Young Africans who are first-time applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree programs at UCT can receive full scholarships under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. The scholarships guarantee a top-notch education that will result in graduates with internationally recognized and locally relevant credentials, and whose entry into the workforce is supported by ideals of active citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships provide funding for the whole course of study and are renewed each year with excellent performance and participation in the program’s activities and opportunities.
Candidates who are chosen must promise to go back to their home nations and use the knowledge and training they have acquired to advance the social and economic development of those nations.
Benefits of Mastercard Foundation/UCT Scholarship Program
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Mastercard Foundation/UCT Scholarship Program Qualification Requirements
- Academically talented value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Leave a Reply