Are you considering pursuing your higher education at Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)? This comprehensive guide will walk you through the essential information you need to know about AKSU, including school fees, admission requirements, application process, and available financial aid options for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Akwa Ibom State University at a Glance
AKSU, formerly known as Akwa Ibom University of Technology (AKUT), is a prestigious public state university situated in Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. Established in 1987 by then-Governor Col. Akpan Hogan Bassey, the university has grown to become a hub of academic excellence.
AKSU boasts multiple campuses, including Ikot Akpaden, Oruk Anam, and Obio Akpa, where students can pursue a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the arts, sciences, engineering, and technology.
School Fees for Non-Indigene Students (2023/2024)
Here is an overview of the school fees for non-indigene students at AKSU for the 2023/2024 academic session:
- Faculty of Arts: ₦123,000
- Faculty of Science: ₦123,000
- Faculty of Engineering: ₦123,000
- Faculty of Law: ₦123,000
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: ₦130,000
- Faculty of Medicine: ₦420,000
All newly admitted students at AKSU are required to pay an acceptance fee of ₦30,000. This fee is non-refundable and must be settled before students can proceed to register for their courses.
Hostel Accommodation Fee
For the 2023/2024 academic session, the hostel accommodation fee at AKSU is ₦40,000. This fee includes a bed space and maintenance. Accommodations are available for all students interested in residing on campus for the academic year.
Students have the flexibility to pay their school fees and hostel accommodation fee either online or at the following banks:
- First Bank of Nigeria
- United Bank for Africa
- Zenith Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- Access Bank
Please note that the deadline for paying school fees and the hostel accommodation fee for the 2023/2024 academic session is two weeks after the commencement of lectures.
AKSU is committed to supporting its students in various ways, offering a range of financial aid options such as scholarships, bursaries, and loans. Students encountering financial difficulties with school fees or hostel accommodation fees are encouraged to reach out to the Student Affairs Division for further assistance.
How to Apply for Admission to AKSU
To initiate your journey towards an AKSU education, you need to meet specific admission requirements:
- Possess at least five credits in your O’level results, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects.
- Score a minimum of 140 in the JAMB UTME.
- Successfully pass the AKSU post-UTME screening test.
To apply for admission to AKSU, follow these steps:
- Visit the university’s official website and create an account.
- Complete the online application form, providing personal information, academic qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Upload scanned copies of your O’level results and JAMB UTME scorecard.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of ₦5,000.
- After payment, you can print out your application form and submit it to the AKSU Admissions Office.
Post-UTME Screening Test
All AKSU applicants are required to take the post-UTME screening test. This computer-based test covers English Language, Mathematics, and two other relevant subjects.
Akwa Ibom State University offers a promising academic environment with a wide array of programs and financial aid options to support your education. Ensure you meet the admission requirements and complete the application process to begin your academic journey at AKSU. For more information, don’t hesitate to reach out to the university’s admissions office. Good luck with your application and studies!