Africa Oxford Visiting Fellows Program For African Scholars 2023 – The AfOx Visiting Fellowship Programme is designed to allow exceptional African researchers to build international networks and focus on a project of their choice in collaboration with Oxford-based scholars.
The Fellowship is open to researchers across all academic fields. Fellows will be affiliated with the University of Oxford for 12 months, including ten months of virtual engagement and a two month in-person visit to Oxford during Trinity Term.
To apply for a fellowship, all applicants must have an Oxford-based researcher named as their collaborator on their application.
AfOx fellowships are open to all disciplines across all the University departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
Visiting Fellows Program Requirements
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
- Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
- With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
Visiting Fellows Program Interview date, Process & Venue
Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Oxford Initiative on webportalapp.com to apply
- AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the Universities departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
- All AfOx fellowship applications are made through the same process using the same application portal.
Originally posted 2023-04-01 11:06:46.