AFREXIMBANK Internship Program For African Students – The Bank recognizes that, as part of its mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, it must assist a broader understanding of African trade and trade finance difficulties, as well as trade finance principles, particularly structured trade financing, which is its operational model.
By providing good students with the
opportunity to intern with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better understanding of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they advance their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and, more broadly, to African trade. It is also envisaged that the interns will add new and different ideas to the Bank’s operations. Internships are available for up to six months and are available twice a year (in June and December). Throughout the year, applications for internships are accepted.
- Open to students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognized institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields; postgraduate
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
Benefits of AFREXIMBANK Internship Program
Interns are expected to take care of their own upkeep during their internship programme including accommodation, meals, transport, clothing, medical and group personal accident insurance.
However, the Bank will, on gratis terms, provide the following to successful interns:
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A monthly tax-free stipend of USD $800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs;
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location;
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship programme; and
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.
The internships are offered for up to a
maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internship are received throughout the year.
Documents Required for Application
Applicants are required to complete an online internship application form along with the following:
- Letter of application;
- copy of their current CV;
- copy of valid passport ;
- certified copies of relevant academic certificates;
- recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme;
Once accepted, successful candidates will have two weeks to accept a conditional offer from the bank before it expires. During this time, they will be expected to provide proof of medical
insurance and group personal accident
coverage that is valid in Egypt (or their assigned internship location) during their internship.
Failure to furnish this prior to the
commencement of the internship will result in the offer being automatically withdrawn. Interns should begin their internship within the first month of each internship season.
Originally posted 2023-04-30 10:04:32.